Fri, Mar 24|
Intro to Hard Cheese and Cheese Curds
Curious about making hard cheeses? In this class you will learn about how to make cheddar cheese and Italian cheese while making cheese curds to be eaten during class. You will sample other cheese and learn about putting together amazing cheese platters.
Time & Location
Mar 24, 5:30 PM – 7:00 PM MDT
Farm Fusion, 2627 Cattlemans Road, Fort Collins, CO 80524, USA
About The Event
We will start by making a delicious cheddar cheese or Italian cheese that uses simple ingredients and minimal equipment. It only needs to age 1 week, or can age years (if you are patient). Plus, you will learn how to age cheeses, wax a mini cheese wheel, and find out how to make a cheese press. You will get to sample cheese, as well as make cheese curds to eat during class and take home some left-overs.
- Homemade Cheddar Cheese Curds
- Buffalo Fried Cheese Curds with homemade bluecheese dressing
- Poutine Potato Poppers
What To Expect: Great cooking is about more than recipes—it's about techniques. In our classes you'll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above
- You will work with other students in groups of 2-4
- Hands-on classes are limited to 12 students
- You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back
- You will enjoy a generous taste of every dish
- Farm Fusion recipes are developed using common cooking and baking ingredients that may or may not be specified in the menu titles, including various fruits and vegetables, nuts, meats, spices, wheat flours, etc. If you have a food allergy, please check with Dawn before attending the class. Adjustments to recipes cannot be made during class.
Gift Certificate Redemption
Use your gift certificate for this class by listing the name of the person who purchased your gift, or emailing Dawn at firstname.lastname@example.org
Intro to Hard Cheese
This ticket includes instruction; necessary equipment and supplies; recipes; and non-alcoholic drinks.