Time is TBD|
Farm Fusion In The Kitchen
Cheese, Cheese, and Tapas Please!
This is a class where you will learn how to make soft cheese and practice some basic knife skills. All ingredients are locally sourced and recipes; equipment; and food are all included. Learn how to make goat and cow's soft cheese, including ricotta, cream cheese, paneer, and farmer's cheese.
Time & Location
Time is TBD
Farm Fusion In The Kitchen, 2627 Cattlemans Road, Fort Collins, CO 80524
About The Event
Curious about how to make ricotta cheese? Cream cheese? We will make soft cheeses in less than an hour. There are so many different dishes you can create using these freshly made cheeses, but we will focus on making the homemade chesses, and creating some delicious recipes to enjoy during class.
Come with a group of friends, or come alone and you will team up with one or two other members of the class in your own cooking station. Our list of ingredients come from our farm, or farms in the surrounding area. Every recipe will be yours to take home, and you all dishes will be shared at the end of class. Weather permitting, we will enjoy the delicious results of our class sitting outside with a lake view. Please bring take-home containers if you would like to take home extras. Price includes all repcipes, instructions, supplies and equipment. Non-alcoholic drinks are provided.
Menu may include:
- Local Cow's Milk Homemade Farmers Cheese
- Local Goat's Milk Homemade Lemon and Herb Ricotta Cheese
- Homemade Cream Cheese
- Whipped Honey and Herbed Ricotta with Grilled Peaches
- Farmers Cheese Dumplings
- Summer Salad with Herbed Ricotta
What To Expect: Great cooking is about more than recipes—it's about techniques. In our classes you'll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above
- You will work with other students in groups of 2-4
- Hands-on classes are limited to 12 students
- You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back
- You will enjoy a generous taste of every dish
- Farm Fusion recipes are developed using common cooking and baking ingredients that may or may not be specified in the menu titles, including various fruits and vegetables, nuts, meats, spices, wheat flours, etc. If you have a food allergy, please check with Dawn before attending the class. Adjustments to recipes cannot be made during class.
Cheese and Tapas
This ticket includes instruction, all equipment and supplies, and recipes. Participants are encouraged to bring take-home containers to bring home any left-overs.